Here is where we post tips of the trade.
Check back regularly to see our Tip of the Month!
November Tip of the Month!
Getting Ready for the Cold Months
1. Place a heavy duty mat outside of all entryways
2. Replace screens with storm windows
3. Change furnace filter
4. Change closets from summer to winter clothes
5. Clean chimney
6. Have firewood ready for those cold winter days
October Tip of the Month!
21 Household Uses of Vinegar
1. Clean your computer
2. Clean your window blinds
3. Unclog and deodorize drains
4. Get rid of the smoky smell
5. Get rid of mildew stains
6. Shine up chrome and stainless steel
7. Shine up your silverware or silver jewelry
8. Polish brass and copper
9. Get rid of pen marks
10. Remove sticker residue
11. Clean scissors
12. Clean wood floors, cabinets & furniture
13. Deodorize small spaces
14. Clean your coffee pot
15. Brighten up bricks
16. Brighten wood paneling
17. Clean carpet or rug
18. Remove carpet stains
19. Make a spray-on carpet stain remover
20. Remove grease
21. Paint over wood scratches
September Tip of the Month!
7 Best Ways to Keeping Dirt Out of the House
August Tip of the Month!
Streak free windows are here!
The tip to getting your interior windows streak free is not the cleaner... it is making sure that you wipe them until they are completely dry.
½ cup Water
½ cup Vinegar
Combined water and vinegar in the bowl and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes. Let sit for 1 minute. Remove the bowl using a pot holder. Using the remaining water vinegar mixture and sponge, wipe out the microwave.
February Tip of the Month!
HGTV: Get Your Kids Organized at All Ages
Toddlers, and even teens, can be good organizers. Follow these tips to teach your kids organizing skills that will last a lifetime.